Chinetoterapie, ortografiată și kinetoterapie, denumită și chineziterapie sau kinetologie medicală este un tip de gimnastică medicală, care înseamnă, etimologic, terapia prin mișcare.
Se folosește pentru recuperare medicală și constă, pe lângă efectuarea unor exerciții, într-un ansamblu de tehnici și metode aplicate în funcție de fiecare persoană și afecțiunea pe care o prezintă.Kinetoterapia face parte din medicina fizică și studiază mecanismele neuromusculare și articulare care îi asigură omului activitățile motrice normale. Are la bază mișcarea efectuată prin programe de recuperare medicală bine structurate, ce au ca scop refacerea unor funcții diminuate.
Principalele obiective ale tratamentului kinetoterapeutic sunt următoarele:
- Corectarea posturii și aliniamentului corporal
- Creșterea mobilității articulare
- Creșterea forței musculare
- Creșterea rezistenței musculare
- Creșterea coordonării, controlului și echilibrului
- Corectarea deficitului respirator
- Antrenamentul la efort
- Reeducarea sensibilității
1. Never say “I can’t” because you’ll do it anyway.
2. Never say, “it’s easy” because we’ll just make it harder
3. Never say, “I want to go home” because you’ll stay longer
4. Never lose count because you’ll start at one again
5. Never complain because we never listen.
6. Never argue because you’ll never win.
7. Never scream or cry because it only encourages us.
8. Never look like you’re enjoying it because we’ll put a stop to it.
9. Never hold your breath because if you pass out and die, we have to fill out the paperwork.
10 Never lie or cheat because we know the truth and you will live to regret it.
There’s been a lot of negativity lately about the debt we are facing and other issues faced by the field of PT. So just to lighten the mood and remind you the fun part of being a PT:
A man goes to the PT and says to the PT:
“It hurts when I press here” (pressing his side)
“And when I press here” (pressing the other side)
“And here” (his leg)
“And here, here and here” (his other leg, and both arms)
So the PT examined him all over and finally discovered what was wrong… “You’ve got a broken finger!
Physical therapy (or physiotherapy), often abbreviated PT, is a health care profession primarily concerned with the remediation of impairments and disabilities and the promotion of mobility, functional ability, quality of life and movement potential through examination, evaluation, diagnosis and physical intervention carried out by physical therapists (known as physiotherapists in most countries) and physical therapist assistants (known asphysical rehabilitation therapists or physiotherapy assistants in some countries).
Physical therapy involves the interaction between therapist, patients or clients, other health care professionals, families, care givers, and communities in a process where movement potential is assessed and diagnosed and goals are agreed upon.Physical therapy is performed by a therapist and sometimes services are provided by a physical therapist assistant (PTA) acting under their direction. Physical therapists and occupational therapists often work together in conjunction to provide treatment for patients. In some cases, physical rehabilitation technicians may provide physiotherapy services.
Physical therapy has many specialties including sports, wound care, EMG, cardiopulmonary, geriatrics, neurologic, orthopaedic andpediatrics. PTs practice in many settings, such as outpatient clinics or offices, health and wellness clinics, rehabilitation hospitalsfacilities, skilled nursing facilities, extended care facilities, private homes, education and research centers, schools, hospices, industrial and this workplaces or other occupational environments, fitness centers and sports training facilities.